Why Foster A Dog
And What Is Involved?
If you cannot adopt right now why not Foster a pet? Many of our dogs are in need of foster homes prior to being adopted. This gives them a chance to heal when needed and be nurtured until maturity if still a puppy.
If you feel you have the know-how and resources to foster one of our dogs, even for a little while please contact us. It would be a very rewarding experience for you and a Godsend for our lucky pet!
What does fostering a dog involve?
When you foster, you agree to take a homeless pet into your home and give him or her love, care and attention, either for a predetermined period of time or until the dog is adopted.
Why do we need foster homes?
There are many reasons one of our pets might need foster care. Some of the most common include:
- We don’t have sufficient physical shelter and depend on foster homes to care for dogs until suitable homes are found.
- A puppy is too young to be adopted and needs a safe place to stay until he or she is old enough to go to a forever home.
- A dog is recovering from surgery, illness or injury and needs a safe place to recuperate.
- A dog is showing signs of stress such as pacing or hiding in the shelter.
- A dog has not lived in a home before or has not had much contact with people and needs to be socialized.
Why should I foster a dog?
Fostering a dog is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have (other than adopting, of course). By taking an animal in need temporarily into your home you’re:
- freeing up a spot so the shelter can take in another dog.
- giving your foster dog the time he needs to be ready for adoption.
- helping the shelter learn more about the dog so he can end up in the best home possible.
- socializing the dog to a home environment and possibly getting him used to being around other pets and different types of people.
How do I sign up to foster a dog?
Visit our Adoptable Dogs page to view available dogs for adoption or fostering.
Contact us! We will work with you to figure out the right foster dog for your household.
547 total views, 1 views today