We have about ten active volunteers, and so much of our shelter’s lifesaving work is because of their amazing efforts! Our volunteers work in shifts, rain or shine, 365 days a year. Our dogs at the shelter benefit in so many ways from their time and attention and love! All of our shelter pets reside outside, with doghouses provided, still the weather conditions do get a little overwhelming during the rains and in the extreme heat. Regardless, when it’s their shift they come to the shelter to feed the dogs and give them some love and attention. The work is a bit grungy but if you ask any of them how they feel about it they will tell you that they love being able to help the dogs and giving them a bit of love each day! We love our volunteers and couldn’t do it without them!
Current volunteer needs:
We are always looking for volunteers!
There are many tasks with which you can help:
- Foster a sensitive case
- Cook a meal for our pups or older dogs
- Help with feeding
- Help with clean up
- Help with transportation
- If you have a talent in photography, come and take some photographs of our beauties
- Raise awareness among your friends for the animal cause
- Share our posts
If you would like to join our volunteer team, please message us on Facebook
Requirements to volunteer:
- Be able to commit to a minimum of six hours per month.
- Commit to treat all animals and people with respect and kindness.
667 total views, 0 views today